Welcome to a new episode of The Entrepreneur Podcast today we have with us Douglas Abrams founder and CEO of Expara and Expara IDM Ventures, Singapore’s leading incubator fund. He talks to us about Expara , Investing and the Startup space in South East Asia
An MBA from Wharton, Douglas was an investment banker with J P Morgan for 14 years in New York where he looked after the technology and global markets.
He has launched two seed stage (Expara IDM Ventures I, II and III) and one early-stage venture fund (Extream Ventures) in Singapore since 2007. Douglas is a Managing Director of Expara Ventures Thailand and Expara Malaysia.
He is currently the Chairman of the Business Angel Network of Southeast Asia (BANSEA) and has been a Director since 2002.
Originally from the US, Douglas Abrams, shifted to Singapore in the year 2000.
IDM Expara III
- Stage: Early stage to Series A
- Investment Size: S$500K to S$3MM per company
- Sectors: ICT, including Internet & Interactive Digital Media and Disruptive Innovation•
- Geography: SEA with strong regional & global expansion opportunities, focusing on Singapore, Thailand and Malaysia
- Role: Lead investor, co-investment with partners who bring additional value
- Governance: Board seat required
The Entrepreneur Podcast interviews and chats with today’s most successful entrepreneurs and founders from Asia, Singapore, India, China, Japan, Malaysia , Indonesia and more and asking them what steps they used to become a success, how they started up and you will be prepared to take your inspiration and motivation and put it into action.